The BCA Research New York Investment Conference will be held on September 23/24, 2013 at The Waldorf Astoria. The conference theme is Easy Money versus Weak Growth: Can The Bull Market Be Sustained?, and we are bringing together an outstanding group of experts to discuss the key issues affecting the economic and market outlook.
Risk assets have been rising high on a tidal wave of central bank liquidity, but there remains a major question about how long this can be sustained given the extremely weak global recovery, continued high levels of debt and lingering financial imbalances throughout much of the developed world.
Against this background, the conference agenda will include sessions on the following topics:
- The euro crisis: stumbling towards a solution or breakup?
- Is monetary policy doing more harm than good?
- What will the debt end game look like and when will it occur?
- Has developed economy growth moved permanently to a much lower level?
- Is the underperformance of emerging markets just temporary?
- Investment prospects in global real estate
- Global investment strategy, highlighting the major risks and opportunities
The following speakers have been confirmed for the event:
- Lawrence Summers, President Emeritus at Harvard University and Former U.S. Treasury Secretary
- Nate Silver, Founder, fivethirtyeight.com; Author, The Signal and the Noise
- Donald Kohn, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution and former Vice-Chairman of the Federal Reserve
- Bill White, Chairman of the Economic Development and Review Committee, OECD and former Economic Adviser to the Bank for International Settlements
- Athanasios Orphanides, Former Governor, Central Bank of Cyprus and former member of the ECB Governing Council
- Woody Brock, President, Strategic Economic Decisions
- Jim Grant, Editor, Grant’s Interest Rate Observer
- Byron Wien, Vice Chairman, Blackstone Advisory Partners
- Dylan Grice, Edelweiss Holdings Ltd.
- Robert Gordon, Professor of Economics, Northwestern University
- Bill Raduchel, Strategic adviser on technology
- Nicolas Veron, Senior Fellow, Bruegel and Visiting Fellow, the Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Raymond Torto, Global Chief Economist, CB Richard Ellis Group.
- Sotiris Tsolacos, Director of European Research, Property and Portfolio Research
- Robert von Rekowsky, Vice-President, Emerging Markets Strategy, Fidelity Investments
A complete list of speakers and conference agenda will be available shortly – we guarantee a full roster of dynamic and informative experts to shed light on today’s complex investment environment.
The conference program will allow plenty of time for discussion and interaction with the audience, and will also provide you with a unique opportunity to network with senior investment professionals from around the world together with BCA strategists.
We hope you will join us in New York for what is sure to be an interesting and worthwhile meeting.
The BCA New York Investment Conference sells out very quickly and space is limited. Click here to register today.
Where To Stay?
The rate is $469 (not including taxes) per night – for two nights (September 22nd and 23rd). Please note that there are limited rooms reserved at this rate for the two day booking, and that all rooms will be reserved on a ‘first come first served’ basis.
Register for BCA New York 2013 today and we’ll send you the Waldorf reservation link in your confirmation e-mail!