Recently, BCA’s Commodity & Energy and Geopolitical Strategy teams published a joint Special Report which focuses on what climate-change talks mean for investors.
The special report highlights the following points:
- A survey of where alternative energies are in terms of technological progress and a “green energy” roadmap, with potential winners and losers. The report also speculates on the end game for traditional energy sources such as natural gas, oil and coal, and what this means for geopolitics and investment strategy.
- An in depth look at the solar sector, and the paradigm shift that could occur once grid parity is achieved globally.
- A contrarian view towards natural gas demand, as the potential bridge to a low-carbon future.
- The ascent of fluid and fully-functional carbon-trading markets and taxation schemes which could potentially contribute to the capital formation needed for low-carbon technologies.
- OPEC’s strategy in the shift away for hydrocarbons. Particularly, the cartel will create volatility in oil prices in an attempt to temper the evolution of low-carbon technology, but will ultimately fail.
To find out more and read the full report, click here: Climate Change And Alternative Energy Special Report.