European Vote Business (based in London, UK)
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join our institutional sales team. Reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager for the UK territory; the qualified candidate will represent BCA’s investment strategy services to top-tier European intuitional clients who participate in a formal vote process.
To manage and develop commercial relationships with BCA’s European Voting client base
- Executing all stages of the sales cycle from initial phone contact, to placing trials, through to negotiating and closing agreements
- Experience in the financial services industry with European institutional buy-side firms
- Proven track record in executing well-defined added-value account management strategies
- Negotiating commercial relationships at CIO / CEO / PM and Analyst level – talking with authority concerning the financial markets and investment strategy.
- An undergraduate degree
- Good understanding of the financial markets. Track record of talking confidently and with presence when dealing with clients on phone or in meetings.
- A proven track record of using consultative sales techniques and account management strategies to influence, negotiate, gain commitment, and develop relationships with senior investment professionals
- Strong commitment to teamwork, preferably with experience of working as part of a global team, matched with the ability to work creatively and independently
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Fluency in a European language is an advantage, in particular French and German
- Ability to write clear and compelling proposals
- Thorough understanding of the European financial sector, and organizational structure of institutional clients
- Understanding of the CSA regulations for the respective countries in Europe
- Sound business and professional ethics
- IMC or equivalent certificate an advantage
- Good IT skills and attention to detail
Founded in 1949, BCA Research has developed an enviable reputation as a world leader in the provision of independent global investment research. Few, if any, firms can match BCA in terms of breadth and depth of its research. The more than 60 research staff focus exclusively on predicting trends in world economies and financial markets. At their disposal they have a vast treasure trove of historical data, covering more than 50,000 series, some dating back hundreds of years – and the firm is well known for its countless proprietary models and leading indicators. Research is provided to financial professionals in over 90 countries through a range of products, services and meetings.